3.4K views
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I was young and naive when I signed up for a vacation package through Sundance. After watching the presentation and being coerced to buy a package totaling $5,000, I immediately felt ill and intuitively knew this was a scam.

The free vacation was non-existent as they lied that I had not registered in time, although I had accessed the site daily and it was non-functioning. After 2 withdrawls from my checking account, I called and requested a mailed invoice with apporopriate return postage if they wished to receive payment. They continued to state that they did not send invoices nor accept anything but credit/debit cards. I changed bank accounts and my debit card that day and wrote them a letter stating that the BBB would he contacted as well as the Attorney General.

They called within a few days stating that they would close my account and that there was no remaining balance nor ill mark.

How ironic that a week prior they stated that cancellation was not a consideration under any circumstance hahah. Get out now, ignore the threats, and recognize that some people will go to great lengths to scam people.

Review about: Sundance Vacations Vacation Ownership.

Comments

Were you able to terminate the contract and recoup your money?

Hanna_Preserve

Since, December 2017, calls and then a letter from my attorney demanding my membership be terminated were ignored by Sundance Vacations and their bank, Tri-State Financial.So, now, I am appealing to my fellow unhappy consumers. ....................

Hanna_Preserve

Anybody interested in filing a class action against Sundance Vacations aka Travel Advantage Network aka Plan With Tan aka Dowd Marketing ? ...............

After I filled out a contest entry card at a country fair, I was called and informed I won a free cruise! As soon as I showed up at the office to claim prize, I was escorted into a showroom where I and a dozen other people sat through a presentation. .............. Next, I was escorted to another room where I was paired up with a salesperson and then came many, many offers of vacation packages.After three hours, I signed up and forked over thousands of dollars, via my credit card.....................

During the following weeks, I researched and discovered there are over 100 reviews/complaints here, on Pissed Consumer. .............The BBB has over 100 complaintsRipoff Report has 90+ ... Hundreds of complaints. ......

Is this what you expect to discover soon AFTER signing a contract with any company? ..................I can be reached via hanna_preserve at hotmailReason of review: hundreds of consumer complaints and additional costs convinced me to terminate my membership in Sundance.Monetary Loss: $2000.Preferred solution: Price reduction.I didn't like: Being pressured by salesman, Requests to terminate membership ignore denied, No rights of recission, Misleading i was sucked in by the hype.

to Hanna_Preserve #1564354

Is this happening?

to Hanna_Preserve #1574195

Hi Hanna I would love to be a part of this class action as we have been scammed as well.