Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

Anybody interested in filing a class action against Sundance Vacations aka Travel Advantage Network aka Plan With Tan aka Dowd Marketing ? ............... After I filled out a contest entry card at a country fair, I was called and informed I won a free cruise! As soon as I showed up at the office to claim prize, I was escorted into a showroom where I and a dozen other people sat through a presentation. Next, I was escorted to another room where I was paired up with a salesperson and then came many, many offers of vacation packages.

After three hours, I signed up and forked over thousands of dollars, via my credit card. .................... During the following weeks, I researched and discovered there are over 100 reviews/complaints here, on Pissed.

The BBB has over 100 complaints

Ripoff Report has 90+ ... Hundreds of complaints.

Is this what you expect to discover soon AFTER signing a contract with any company? ..................

I can be reached via hanna_preserve at hotmail

Reason of review: hundreds of consumer complaints and additional costs convinced me to quit..

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being pressured by salesman, Requests to terminate membership ignore denyed, No rights of recision, Misleading i was sucked in by the hype.

Comments

Did they end up refunding you the $2,000? When did you go there?

The same thing happened to me in January 2018. About 1 month later, I went on their site to see what places they had and noticed nothing was available for the time frame I could go on vacation.... I was upset because the salesman said there would be places available in May and that was the only reason I signed up! I work at a place where I can only go on vacation certain times of the year due to deadlines.

So then I read some bad reviews and it seemed people weren't getting reimbursed. So I called them very upset, to cancel the contract, and they tried to make me one more deal at a lower price. I said no because I need that $600 back for my trip!! They emailed me a cancellation form and after about 20 days...

I got reimbursed. Thankfully!!! It seems you have to book these places well in advance. So you ultimately, get nothing or a place you don't like.

I feel really bad for people that get screwed by them. It's not right. People want to leave a place, like they just made a good deal... not get the feeling that they were just taken advantage of!!

That's not good business! This is why they pressure people to sign before they leave. They don't want to give people time to think about it.... because they know they'll figure out it's a scam or a bad deal!

At least with time shares...you have a house for the same week out of the year. With this, they start their presentation by saying "we aren't selling time shares". No *** they aren't selling anything really... They are selling VERY EXPENSIVE vacation time.

I'm sorry, the last time I checked, time was FREE. That's like someone trying to sell air!! My co-worker did the same thing with another company, and said he spent $11,000 over the course of 5 years and never was able to take a trip and book a place. He tried to get out of it, but to no avail.

I asked him to show me what he has purchased?

He made a sad face and realized the scam. And knows he has NOTHING to show for his hard earned money!

You are an idiot.